Is your Android Phone starting to slow down? Did it used to run much faster when you first got it? If so then you are one of many Android Phone users that can benefit from these proven tips to increase the speed of your Android Phone.
An Android Phone can slow down for numerous reasons like having too many apps running in the background, incorrect system settings or even viruses. Whatever reason your Android Phone is running slow because of, you will want to check out the 5 tips below that will help your Android Phone run faster and more smoothly.
- First off, turn off your phone’s ‘Live Wallpaper’. Live wallpaper can make your Android Phone look more cool but it takes system resources including battery power, system processing power as well as using your phones internet connection and data. Turning off the live wallpaper can help free up the systems resources for other more important needs.
- Next, remove any widgets that are being unused. Widgets take up a lot of space on your phone and having too many can slow the performance of your Android Phone. Remove any unused widgets to help avoid performance delays.
- When you want to close an app use the back key instead of just hitting the home key. Pressing the home key will only put the app in standby mode, it will not close it. When you just hit the home key the app keeps using some of your phone’s memory and in return this slows the performance of your Android Phone. You can also hold down the Home Key and select the Task Manager feature. This will display running apps with an option to End the app from running.
- Another good tip is to move as many apps as possible to the SD Card in your Android Phone. Moving apps to your SD Card will free up some much needed storage space on your phone while still keeping them at hand when needed.
- If all the above have not helped as much as you like then you can do a ‘Factory Reset’. By installing apps, deleting apps and changing system setting either manually or by them being changed by the apps themselves can make your Android Phone run slower over time. If this is the case then doing a Factory Reset will bring it back to it’s original settings used when it was new and this will bring back it’s original “as new” state.
Thanks for visiting eGeek Universe. Let us know what you think about this topic by leaving us a reply below.